All funds given to Children First are managed in this way. A budget is developed for each fiscal year for a time frame of January 1 to December 31. In relationship to what is budgeted including all funds received and expended, every dollar used by Children First is included in a formal computerized accounting system. The fiscal management system includes:
- Consistent with the standards for American non-profit organizations set by the United States IRS.
- Use a researched based accounting system for recording, monitoring, and reporting all financial transactions.
- Require a receipt as proof of payment for all expenditures in both the USA and Haiti.
- Monitor the working budget make, changes as merited, and report to the Children First Board of Directors for approval of the budget and any revisions made during the fiscal year.
- Report the financial status of the Foundation monthly, semi- annually, and annually to the board and to financial supporters.